Culture Shock

I have just finished reading the Argentina Culture Shock book. I've
always been a fan of the books and the Argentina version is no
different. Although I'm slightly nervous as the copy I had predated
the economic "crisis" and so I wonder how much of it has changed. I
checked out a newer copy in Foyles and it seems that the only
changes are an improved page layout and an extra page taking the
historical narrative to just past the massive debt default. Apart from
that all seemed the same.

One would have thought that with two thirds of the population slipping
below the poverty line that would suggest cultural changes. Perhaps
I'm wrong. At least I can be pretty confident that crisis or not mate
drinking is still very important and asados still prevail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two thoughts about capitalism

Ølsen in Buenos Aires