Making friends

Slowly but surely I am making local friends... it's not that easy (obviously) and the temptation is to hang out only with the people I'm here with and the other foreigners I have met at the Spanish school. Now that I have finished with the school I am forcing myself to make more effort. Language exchange meetings have been quite good and I've met a couple of people through some posts on local forums.

It's really good to meet Argentines and talk to them to find out more their views on the country etc. I'm also gaining a new perspective of the Argentines and am enjoying discovering whether the stereotypes are based on any reality. My experience so far has (predictably) indicated that of course there are elements of these stereotypes evident but that everyone is different and offers a unique view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two thoughts about capitalism

Ølsen in Buenos Aires